Thursday 28 November 2013

London's Calling!

Last weekend I went to London to see some friends. London is such a great city any time of the year, but at christmas it's extra special! Here is a list of the top things I would do in London at Christmas!

1) HYDE PARKS: WINTER WONDERLAND! 
Well it is Winter and its a wonderland if you go and see it! For free admission this wonderland has a Christmas market stalls for you to browse round. The stalls are European so you can get German Beer, Belgian Chocolates, and French Crepes, all in the same place! I bought a faux fur headband which kept me warm during the winter weather and it was only £8! They also a fun fair rides, which I have to admit were expensive, but looked fun, so you could always go on just one ride to save the pennies! 





2) OXFORD STREET
You would be mad to go shopping down their a week before christmas but in early December it's a fantastic spot for you to get some christmas presents with all the high street shops located here! Oh, and let's not forget SELFRIDGES!


3) LIBERTY'S

 
My favourite department store in the whole world and located perfectly on Regent Street. The stores has English charm and character, the tudor building with wooden lifts and staircases makes the whole experience different from your normal, modern, department store (sorry John Lewis). Their Christmas Department is amazing, especially if you go after sunset, they have fairy lights across the ceiling which looks so pretty! If I was going to buy a mulberry bag If I could afford a Mulberry bag, I would purchase it at Liberty's! 



4) SELFRIDGES

I have already mentioned Selfridges, but you HAVE to go just to see the shop christmas shop windows! Forget the shopping that I can't afford in Selfridges, I spent 15 minutes looking at their windows fascinated!



 The play-dough was my favourite window! GET TO OXFORD STREET!



5) CARNABY STREET

This slightly hidden gem, is located near Regent Street and Oxford Street! This street had one of my favourite christmas decoration. They used little robins hanging up across the street that twist and turn! I highly recommend looking at them, even if its not to shop. Carnaby Street became famous in the 'swinging 60's' when many independent boutiques opened! Although it may not be swinging any more we are still a very fashionable nation, so if you want to see independent stores but also stores like Jack Wills, Benefits, etc GO GO GO Here!
 
 6) SOMERSET HOUSE



It's christmas, the one time of the year where we are able to fall on our arses on ice and not have a care in the world! Christmas isn't Christmas without going ice skating once, and if I hear anyone say anything different then Bah humbug to you! Last weekend I went to Somerset for a skate, with my fur headband in tow. For £10 < (student rate 13:45pm session hint hint normally £16!) it was a cheap and fun afternoon! However if you are in London you can go to a number of places.

Ice Skating in London: (Always check online you may find the prices are cheaper if you pre-book)


No comments:

Post a Comment