Thursday 19 December 2013

Christmas on a STUDENT budget... You don't have to be a Scrooge this Christmas

This Christmas has been really chaotic for me and I haven't even been home yet! During Christmas I always want to be organise with presents. I must really like the presents I give before purchasing them, so I always go on a mini-adventure spending hours round the shops. However this year was a little different for me, considering I was in a different city. I decided to start my shopping in November so that I could look at all the shops in Canterbury and get to know what was on the market. I REFUSE TO GO INTERNET SHOPPING!

Being a student, my parents specifically stated that they wanted something that was no more that £10. I'm not going to lie to you blogosphere it wasn't easy but here are a few items that I thought were cute and cheap!

Gifts for Mum's:


 



- My mum is always writing notes so this notepad is brilliant for £7.65,
- An alarm clock that changes colour is another good suggestion, just over the budget though at £10.79
- My mum also collects 1p/2p/5p so this piggy bank is also another good idea at £4.50

all items from Between the lines

Another suggestion could be £10 itunes voucher or a calendar!

Gifts for Dad's:

My Dad is always the hardest to buy a present for. I found this 'man tin' in between the lines store for £6.75. It's like just like the 'Man Draw' sketch by Michael Mcintyre but instead a tin...


 
You could also get a Waldo Pancake mug which states "What's mine isn't yours" bah humbug. Good Price at £6.75



Gifts for Brothers:


Thumb wars lightsabers from Urban Outfitters are £9.99 just in budget, if your brother is into the sci-fi world


This would be great if your brother has an Ipad or Macbook for only £5.36 they have a range of designs but the Mr-T was my favourite once again from Between the lines. 
 

Both the presents above are from Topman, a novelty book explaining raps to all ages £8.00 and beer pong, THE CLASSIC GAME only £5!



Gifts for sisters:


 

 

A few bits and pieces from high street stores Topshop and River Island all under £10 each (great for your sister):
a) Barry M nail varnish set, River Island, £10
b) Cow Socks, River Island £3.00
c) Chocolate Christmas Pudding, River Island £3.00
d) Grow your own Christmas Tree, River Island £4.50
e) Ouch Monkey plasters, River Island £4.00
f) Christmas Nail Art, Topshop £6.00
e) Topshop Christmas sparkly nail varnish, £5.00



Gifts for Friends:

This is a brilliant find from Between The Lines shop in Canterbury, but also available online www.between.co.uk Choose from either a 'cucumber & aloe vera face mask' or a 'wild rose revitalising eye pads" it's a great additional present for only £1.79


It's cold and wet during winter but having this cute cozy hottie in the form of an owl is brilliant. This brilliant soft toy/hot water bottle can keep your friends warm when student accomodation isn't doing the job and for £8.99 its not too pricey to (From Fenwicks, don't forget you can get 10% off if you have an NUS Card)


If you live in Canterbury I highly recommend visiting Between the Lines and Wisteria! 2 independent stores that are brilliant for gifts and clothes!

Hope you all have a wonderful christmas :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment